PDA

View Full Version : The ideal lamp for aquarium fish only with live rock

rully_x
03-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi All ....

I rully Sebastian from Indonesia

I apologize if you make a new tread and the wrong place. I am newbie in the world of marine aquarium, there is that I want to ask all of you.

The ideal lamp for aquarium fish only with live rock and my tank of 70x50x70 ... terima kasih

spideybry
03-28-2011, 06:58 AM
If you are running a fish only set up, you can use anything you want really. I would go with 2x24 inch T5s over that tank. Use an ATI blue plus and an ATI purple plus and the fish will have awesome colors. That is if you are talking in cm.

srusso
05-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Using peg board and LED christmas lights can make a really cool cheap fish only lighting. Not only is it really cheap but you can get blues strands, whites, reds... Just push each bulb through the peg board and that's about it... Very low power, no heat and easy on the wallet... You may already have a set or two sitting around the house.

fauxjargon
06-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I would use a 1:1 ratio of 6500-10000K and actinic lighting. It's what we use at work (LFS) and it makes fish look really good. We like 65K because it makes the oranges in clownfish look better, but some other staple fish (Bengaiis, chromis, ect....) look a little better under the 10K/actinic combo.

Our tubes that we use for our tanks are zoo-med t8s, 2 x 32w for a 40 breeder (36*18*16).