PDA

View Full Version : Who are you on other sites, and how did you find this one?

Floyd R Turbo
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I think most people try to use the same username on each site they frequent, but not all, so I figured this would be a cool topic to start. I'm also curious as to how you found this site.

I'll start:

I'm "Floyd R Turbo" on Reef Central, Aquarium Advice, Reef Sanctuary, and I think maybe Fantasy Reef too but I never go there.

EDIT: also same username on the Greater Iowa Reef Society site (local club, now 975 members!!). By the way MACNA is in Des Moines this year. Just a little plug...

I found this site by reading the "Mega..." thread on Reef Sanctuary.

How about you?

Rumpy Pumpy
05-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Same on a few sites but I only post on this and one other (local reefing site for the area I live in)

Can't recall how I found this one. Probably read one of SMs posts elsewhere and followed a link.

DesignsOnline
07-03-2011, 11:54 AM
on just about every other site, im either: DesignsOnline
or im: DesignsOnline.co.uk

and I found this site through the thread on UltimateReef.net

Gigaah
07-14-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm on Nano-reef.com as Gigaah. I spend a lot of time in the lighting and pico forum but general as well.

I found this site a couple years ago while I was setting up my 55 gallon tank. Searching for a cheaper way to get a set up that would be suitable aside from your standard skimmer etc etc expensive get up.

I clicked on a Google search link that said something like "ultra mega phosphate nitrate remover". I chuckled..assuming it was the usually 99% of the time Bull crap advertisement. For some reason I decided to click the link anyhow. After a few minutes of reading I was interested..but obviously uber skeptical. After a couple days of investigation I was hooked..I HAD to try it. By the time I started construction I had read enough to believe wholeheartedly it was the solution...even tho at the back of my mind I was thinking. If this is so great and fantastic..why in the hell have I never heard of it or anyone else in the area for that matter had heard of it.

Needless to say I was not let down.

simon wright
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
im on ultimate reef and the salty box and this one , found this site when i was reading up on scrubbers , read the peace by santa on the ur section .
googled turf scrubbers and found this site so had to sign upto this one , good site . im from middlesbrough in the uk.