PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone! Mini celebration

worley
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I thought we could celebrate a little, the 1,000th post on the site.
I'd like to take the time to say thank you to everyone who has joined the site and helped others as well as sharing their own projects.
And of course, to say a huge thank you to Santa Monica who has put so much time and effort into helping others (who also makes up 34% of the posts on the site!!), and also this site (just type "algae scrubber" into google and see how highly we're now ranked!).

Keep up the good work guys, let us know how your algae scrubber is going, and help people improve theirs!

Here's to the next thousand messages! :D

SantaMonica
03-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah!!

Aquagold
03-12-2009, 12:48 AM
:D You guys deserves a round of applause :D
Let's hope more people join here and we get more converted from technology to understanding how nature already has the answers there for us to use.
Congrats and a big bow.
Well done!

This is a bit like aquaponics for fresh water systems. More info on Backyard Aquaponics.

Healthy and sustainable.

Rob @Aquagold

kcress
03-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Bravo!

Still gonna be hard to wrench the masses away from their skimmer addictions... :roll:

SantaMonica
03-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Will be easier when they walk into a store and see a $99 or $199 nano scrubber for sale.

Aquagold
03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Aquarium manufacturers are working on designs as we speak.
They too want a unit that is easy to operate and fool proof with no fiddle components.

Price wise I haven't heard.

Rob@Aquagold

worley
03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Intreresting, anyone we know?

Aquagold
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
A chinese manufacturer of pet products..... still developing it from what I know.
Not wanting to get into trouble but it's a thunbs up for now. :D
I'm interested in what the market does in buying them and their reaction to it's use and how it affects the water quality.
Might not be as many scoffers then.

d5omino
03-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I would be first in line to buy one! I'm the Tim Allen of the aquarium hobby. I cant tell you how many times i've almost blown my house up trying to get my scrubber working right. Just tonight i almost burnt the dam house down cause i flooded out the lights fiddling with the water level : 0( Well i guess i wont be getting a paten on my design or getting an underwriters laboratory certification : 0 )

As much as i hate buying anything foreign I'll definitely make an exception on this one. I'll chalk it up to health and saftey... the fish and MINE!

Congrats guys. You truly deserve a big thank you!. If you're ever in the Up-State New York area I'll definitely buy you a pint.... or two.... okay fine 3 but thats it. The 4th and 5th are on you!

Joey