PDA

View Full Version : Best Aquarium Camera EVER!

Ace25
03-15-2012, 10:01 AM
I read about this camera last year, but like everyone else that read about it, I said "I will believe it when I see it.".. well, here it is, and WOW, I was more than surprised by the quality! Beat all my expectations.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/14/lytro-pictures-reef-aquarium/

kerry
03-15-2012, 01:38 PM
WOW, the site has even more info. https://www.lytro.com/camera

MorganAtlanta
03-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow. That's cool. How soon before my phone camera has that???

Floyd R Turbo
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I heard something about this camera. it is going to change photography as we know it. What it does it take a record of the entire field of vision, and then it is possible for the information to be manipulated to focus on any depth within the field. Basically it takes a picture in 3D in a way. The digital information can be interpreted in ways no other camera can. Now that I see the pictures, it is nothing short of amazing.

Floyd R Turbo
03-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh my God you have to look at this. I didn't realize it when I was on their website, but with all the sample pics they have up, after they load you can click anywhere on the image and re-focus it to that point.

http://www.lytro.com/living-pictures

I just dropped a load in my pants and now I want this camera more than ever. For the first time in my life, I wish I had a Mac just so I could justify buying this right now.

Floyd R Turbo
03-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Holy @#$# I just realized you could do that on the reefbuilders page too

kerry
03-16-2012, 07:37 AM
LOL, I was clicking like mad on the reef link pics, then I found the website and wore it out too.

kerry
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
LOL, makes me think of the 4G cell phone commercial, so 12 seconds ago, but this is more like so 12 hours ago!!!! LOL, just giving you a hard time.. All PUN intended.

Ace25
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Holy @#$# I just realized you could do that on the reefbuilders page too

HAHAHAHA.. that was what I was trying to show off.. the "click anywhere to focus".. Isn't that the most amazing thing for aquariums where depth of field is so important.

Why do you wish you had a Mac? You can install OSX on ANY computer, it isn't just for Apple products. ;) Google "hackintosh".

Floyd R Turbo
03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Too complicated. Plus I need an intel processor it looks like. By the time I get the camera (May-June) they'll have the windows interface done. In the meantime I can d/l them using my co-worker's mac and fiddle with them online after that :)

Now I just have to convince the wife that we really need this. My plan is to get the kids to see the clickable pictures and then they will really want it, and will probably throw in their money bwahaha

Ace25
03-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Ah.. so I assume you have an AMD processor. I know it is possible to get OSX to work on them, but I agree with you, too complicated (and I am a computer guy for a living, even I wouldn't want to try it, but I have installed it on hundreds of Dell/Intel computers without issue). I am sure they are working hard and fast to get the windows software out for the camera anyway so I am sure you're correct that by the time you get one the software will be out.

I am just pissed I blew all my tax refund $ on those stupid clownfish babies, I could have bought this camera for less $ than I have spent on those clowns. Right now I have a $400 pair of baby occelaris clownfish and about 30 fry that is too soon to call a success. LOL