PDA

View Full Version : TickyTy's UAS test

TickyTy
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Here ia a link to my in sump application. Here are some pictures also from 48 hours into the trial. I was using a standard coiled CFL. Thought that was the preferred bulb but realized that it should have been the flood style. Video shows the new bulb. The growth from the pictures are partially due to me seeding the scrubber with algae from the tank. I am seeing growth in the video which was taken last night and the screen was cleaned last Sunday. I will have to post the 2 week growth pictures since I don't have them downloaded at this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYspztXMqlI

TickyTy
06-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Here are the pics from the first cleaning at 2 weeks. Once again this was with a spiral CFL. Pics to follow of the flood light option after 2 weeks.

Front

Back

Scum on top of sump

My screen is 8"x8". Is this too large since I am not feeding great amounts of food?

Floyd R Turbo
06-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Sizing gudeline has not changed for UAS. 8x8 single sided is same as 8x4 double sided so 32/12=2.67 cubes/day. If you're feeding less than half of that growth will be hindered but hard to say whether that is affecting anything.

Lighting needs to be 64W to match screen size. I'm guessing you have less than that, intensity is important

SantaMonica
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Looks like burning, and letting go.

TickyTy
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Sizing gudeline has not changed for UAS. 8x8 single sided is same as 8x4 double sided so 32/12=2.67 cubes/day. If you're feeding less than half of that growth will be hindered but hard to say whether that is affecting anything.

Lighting needs to be 64W to match screen size. I'm guessing you have less than that, intensity is important

So if I decreased the screen size down to 5"x5" the 23w CFL would be suffice? This is a single sided set up I just happened to get growth on both sides.