PDA

View Full Version : Sm100 builders?

sabbath
12-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Are there any sm100 builders out there? I have some people asking about them.

sabbath
12-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Wow the thing that put scrubbers on the map IMO is dead. I'm surprised that a light manufacture did not build these to fit there lights or something.

Floyd R Turbo
12-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I can build one, but the problem is that the light fixture is out of production, and IMO the design had it's flaws. Don't worry Don I have plans in the works for an L6 and L10, both of which were requests for custom builds, both LED based.

If I were to re-design the SM100 I would do it around a different light fixture which I saw at MACNA 2011 - much higher quality fixture, but also more expensive, and T5HO which means more heat, more expense in changing lamps every 3 months, etc - LED wins out.

sabbath
12-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I can build one, but the problem is that the light fixture is out of production, and IMO the design had it's flaws. Don't worry Don I have plans in the works for an L6 and L10, both of which were requests for custom builds, both LED based.

If I were to re-design the SM100 I would do it around a different light fixture which I saw at MACNA 2011 - much higher quality fixture, but also more expensive, and T5HO which means more heat, more expense in changing lamps every 3 months, etc - LED wins out.

Sounds good Bud! Loving the L2 that you made!