PDA

View Full Version : No growth. Looking for advice

MarvelFan
02-10-2013, 06:54 PM
When do most scrubbers see some type of growth or coloration start to appear. The scrubber has been on and running since 2/6. (4 days). I have some good bubble movement on the screen. I see bubbles attaching. Lights are running 18 on / 6 off right now. Screen still looks brand new. I roughed it up pretty good with a hole saw. I may give it one more pass to make sure its rough enough.

Seems like many people saw some growth over the first couple days.

I'm feeding 1 -2 cubes a day right now with a 6x8 screen and 8 - 3W LED's.

Any suggestions. Maybe some common thing I overlooked. Light is about 1 1/2 to 2" away from the screen. I'll try to get some pics later.

SantaMonica
02-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Probably by day 5.

MarvelFan
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the response. I'll keep watching it..just went down and double checked that it was getting good bubble contact. all the spaces were full of bubbles. When I removed the screen i could hear them all popping. I'll let it run and hope for the best!

Floyd R Turbo
02-11-2013, 09:21 AM
My UAS test unit took weeks to get any growth, just give it time.

MarvelFan
02-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Tested for Phosphate last night with my new Hanna Checker - 0.02 was the result. There is a very very light browning of the screen it appears. The brown algae in my tank is almost gone, but that is mainly due to the addition of some margarite and nassarius snails last weekend. They are doing an awesome cleaning job. Is my phosphate reading too low to promote algae growth on the screen? I still have yet to remove my GFO reactor, but It has been running for 2-3 months without a change and I only used enough media for a 30 gallon on my 120 gallon, so I figure it would be exhausted by now.

I'm justing letting the scrubber sit and run. Even if it take a couple months I'm surea at some point I'll start to see growth. The only concern I have is the distance between the screen and LED's is about 1-1/2 to 2 inches. Seems close. I may buy some diffusing material this weekend.

SantaMonica
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Even if it tests "zero", there is enough.