PDA

View Full Version : Misc

AlgaeNator
10-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Hey SM,

Good tip,

BTW I saw the post with your tank shots.. man looking good! Everything looks healthy and vibrant and growing in your tank.

U run no skimmer only use a scrubber, you feed often and tank looks great.... Got some question for you...

Hey speaking of "feeding:

Q:what do you feed your tank inhabitants, (corals/softies etc) and fishes other than the occasional bowl of green hair algae? :mrgreen:

As far as fltration: Assuming you only run a TS scrubber to treat your water...

Q:How long have you been running Scrubber only with no skimmer, and or other water treatment hardware? :?:

Assuming you might use other filtration methods along with the TS... :arrow:

Q:Is the TS the only mechanical filtration you use? No phosphate reactor, calc reactor, carbon etc? :idea:

Q:Do you DOSE your tank with anythign regularily? (calcium, iodine, stront. alk, reef complete.. or other two part additives etc) :geek:

just curious..

SantaMonica
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Glad you like the pics. It's a bit different now, since my focus this year has been on feeding instead of scrubbing, in particular, keeping nps seafans. I'm currently auto-feeding blended oysters. When it comes out thick enough, it feeds the fish too, so that's it. But if the oysters are water-thin, I feed the fish a bit of nori each day. The mandarins just eat pods, of course.

One year, with scrubber only, and no water changes. Nothing else, unless is part of my feeding experiments. I over-fed on purpose several times, and my scrubber got weak a few times (my fault), so I'd temporarily use poly filters and/or carbon and/or vodka. I'll use a sock if I'm blowing things around, otherwise no mechanicals. I keep two damsels and a snail in the sump to get any large particles.

I only dose kalkwasser as the topoff, which fixes ca and alk and ph. I'll do strontium once in a while (it's always low), and mg if need (is never low).