PDA

View Full Version : What Is Yor Dream Setup???

tabwyo
10-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't mean 8000 gallon super systems. But if you had the space and means what would you shoot for??? The rescent choice to buy a house has set my mind a racin. I get a whole room for my fish now... not just a corner of a living room. I have always been interested in "natural" filtration methods. So now having the propper room I'll be implamenting an ATS into my filtration regiment. Along with a remote DSB and a lightless "cryptic" high flow LR fliter. My aim is to maintain as much biodiversity in my system as possible. Being a habitual tinkerer I am just as interested in what's happening in my "sump" as I am in what's a shakin in my display. So I'll most likely be spending as much, if not more, time behind the tank than in front of it. Of course I'll have a dedicated frag sysem. And if all goes well I'd like to begin breeding Clownfish. All to run on a common filtraton loop. On the food end of the spectrum I'd like to work out a continuous live food production/feeding system. I know the ATS will help a touch with pods and whatnot. But I'd also like to set up a live phyto/zooplankton system that feeds the system all day and all night. Phyto, rotifers, mysid and brine shrimp are easy enough to keep cultured. But as of late I have become very interested in bacterial floc or "marine snow" as a nocturnal food source. So I am kicking around ideas for an oversized automatically aggitated "Zeovit" style media reactor. Which would kick on 2 hours after the dispay lights go off.

And it wouldn't be a complete dream unless I had a show guppy system as well. Right now I am running a bare bones 5 tank operation. But with propper room I am set to go with a dedicated 25 tank (roughly 300g) breeding/grow out system. Keep in mind that would be for only the current line of guppie I am working on. I will most certainly be common filtering this entire setup with a FW ATS.

new2scrub
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
my dream system would be one that is about 100 gallons would have an auto top off system,an auto 2-part dosing system and led lighting because i am sick of adding water and changing bulbs:) i'd like to spend that time tinkering

MorganAtlanta
04-09-2011, 06:59 PM
my dream system would be one that is about 100 gallons would have an auto top off system,an auto 2-part dosing system and led lighting because i am sick of adding water and changing bulbs:) i'd like to spend that time tinkering

That's my system!! I'm now adding an auto feeder for liquid food.

The big thing I "dream" about is having a basement fish room so I could expand my system, grow live food, raise fish from eggs, etc. My house has a crawl space, and I have no plans to move, so that just isn't going to happen.

If I was going to build a new house, I'd have a peninsula style tank in the main area of the house. It would be about 8 feet long, and three feet wide. I'd have the fish room in the basement with all the room I wanted to do whatever experiment struck my fancy. I'd also have the time and $$ to play with...

I've seen some "monster" tanks on You Tube, which are cool, but I like the things that happen on a small scale on the reef, and I think with a huge (1000+ gallon) tank, you would only see the "big picture" and loose out on the details.

RkyRickstr
12-23-2011, 07:30 AM
8' x 36" x 24" tall.. thats not much to ask right.

Light by 6 ecotech radions.. two mp60s.

40+ reef fishes and a mega sceubber light by leds.

Oh yea and it has to me in wall.