PDA

View Full Version : Site issues

worley
12-02-2009, 04:06 AM
Hi guys, I'd like to apologise for the downtime on the site over the last week, this is due to network and server issues (including two large DDOS attacks and hardware failures) at our ISP (http://vps.net), I'll be moving the site to a new server on a different provider shortly.
Tom.
Yes, I'm still alive!

ChrisD
12-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Errr... interruptions? I'm on here most days and can't say I've noticed :oops:

Free resource... firendly, helpful people.... everyone trying to come together as a community (much lacking in today's world if you ask me).

I don't see any grounds for complaints or apologies even if there were interruptions. Simply thanks for providing the facility in the first place. :D

Chris

worley
12-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Errr... interruptions? I'm on here most days and can't say I've noticed :oops:
Free resource... firendly, helpful people.... everyone trying to come together as a community (much lacking in today's world if you ask me).
I don't see any grounds for complaints or apologies even if there were interruptions. Simply thanks for providing the facility in the first place. :D
Chris
Heh, well thanks for your kind words, luckily for the Brits (like me) it's been during the early mornings, so the US guys may have noticed, unfortunately for me, I'm the sysadmin for the servers at work and there's nothing I can do short of moving ISPs, which is what I'm going to do at least for this site.

rainerfeyer
12-02-2009, 08:52 AM
I wholeheartedly agree:

Thank you for everything you are doing (time, research, posts, colelctive information)!

Rainer

worley
12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I wholeheartedly agree:

Thank you for everything you are doing (time, research, posts, colelctive information)!

Rainer
Thanks too, don't forget everything Santamonica's done too, he's put more time than anyone into helping us! 8-)