PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Wormside from All-Reefs

SantaMonica
12-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Before and after (scrubber only)

(right click, view pic, to see whole pic)

Rosenaa
12-27-2009, 09:13 AM
What is the time periode for this? :)

SantaMonica
12-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I think about three months

Broder
12-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Very nice. What type of fish load do you have in this tank? Are you getting enough flow behind and under your rocks? If detritus is allowed to settle in the cracks and crevices, you will eventually have a nutrient problem.

SantaMonica
12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think he's on here... he was posting at All-Reefs.com, the spanish forum.

kcress
12-31-2009, 12:25 PM
If detritus is allowed to settle in the cracks and crevices, you will eventually have a nutrient problem.

But that doesn't matter with a TS! We don't care if there is nitrate production. It's being ripped out by the TS. That's a great thing about TS you can now have crushed coral in the bottom again!

All food ends up as nitrates if it decays in-tank. Doesn't matter where specifically in the tank that the decay occurs. And it doesn't change the picture if every speck of food ends up eaten by fish or eaten by bacteria it still shows up as nitrate. The only difference is if you somehow mechanically filter out the uneaten food and mechanically remove it from the water. But, that is really not a very good method as mechanical filtering is not selective. It filters out even good particles, and things like pods, which your tank inhabitants like or need.

all4game
01-01-2010, 03:48 PM
From these pictures it looks like there is less coraline algae on the rocks and more on the glass, which I think is a bad thing (aesthetically). Is this an effect of the algae scrubber?

SantaMonica
01-01-2010, 04:31 PM
No. It's just that his rocks were covered in HA, which stopped the coralline.

Rosenaa
01-03-2010, 07:33 AM
If detritus is allowed to settle in the cracks and crevices, you will eventually have a nutrient problem.

But that doesn't matter with a TS! We don't care if there is nitrate production. It's being ripped out by the TS. That's a great thing about TS you can now have crushed coral in the bottom again!

All food ends up as nitrates if it decays in-tank. Doesn't matter where specifically in the tank that the decay occurs. And it doesn't change the picture if every speck of food ends up eaten by fish or eaten by bacteria it still shows up as nitrate. The only difference is if you somehow mechanically filter out the uneaten food and mechanically remove it from the water. But, that is really not a very good method as mechanical filtering is not selective. It filters out even good particles, and things like pods, which your tank inhabitants like or need.

So what you say in theory is, that you actually dont need a pump blowing behind the rocks, as I have, to make sure no foods get cought behind the rockwork? Because Id rather have the flow out in the open than behind the rocks! 8-)

tat2z_21
03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I believe that he is saying that with the use of a turf scrubber that is the case. Since nutrients are being absorbed by the ALGEA TURF SCRUBBER then the water column will eventually be cleansed by the scrubber