+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions from Greece!

Re: Questions from Greece!

Thanks!

Hello! I am at the 12th day and my film is like the previous photo. Just brown. Is it ok? I have no fish in my tank, just LR. I think that I have a little bit more flow but I have strong light.

Administrator

It is good for no-fish.

Start adding fish if you can.

What do you think about my ATS. Thats my first cleaning after 10 days after my first green algae.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

That is very good growth for the first week (10 days). Needs to be cleaned a bit sooner than 10 days in your case, however, because it's going to be so thick that the roots of the algae are going to be blocked from light and flow.

Should i use any trace elements or aminoacids or vitamins whith ATS? Does ATS absorves all the previous from the water for its growth?
    Regards!

Administrator

The scrubber does not absorb them, it produces them. Algae is what puts proteins, amino acids and carbohydrates into they ocean in the first place. It's only people who don't have scrubbers who need to dose these things.

Ok! Thanks a lot!

Hello again!
    My ATS works very well. I have 0 No3 and Po4.
    I’m cleaning it every 7 days with a lot of green algae. I have not yet removed the skimmer and the carbonate, only the antiphos.
    My first question is, why after the cleaning, the first days, the screen looks too yellow?(that happens only the first days, then it becomes green.) Should I use iron? I can’ t increase the flow (I use all the flow of the overflow, about 1500 lt/h for 20 cm screen) and I don’ t want to put a smaller bulb (I use a 36 watt bulb) because I prefer to have stronger filtering.
    The second question is, is it ok to have very small algae the first 5 days (almost nothing) and the last 2 days the growth is very fast (about 4-5 cm)?Should I clean it every 7 days or let it more? I switch off the lights for 6 hours (7 now because it is very yellow).
    And the last question is, if it would be better to cut the algae (and leave only 1cm) instead to “shave” it?

Thanks a lot!

Administrator

It is yellow because it is not receiving light and flow, when the growth gets long. Yes the long growth filters more, but the bottom layers will start dying. So you have to experiment to see how many days you can go before filtering starts to drop off.

You will probably want to do full cleanings, not part cleanings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information