+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question For On New Scrubber

Question For On New Scrubber

I currently have a scrubber setup outside of my tank requiring a separate pump and more space. I have been wanting to incorporate a new scrubber into my fuge/sump under my tank in my stand fed by my overflow. I have an acrylic box that was used a wet/dry setup but filled with LR instead of bioballs. I was thinking of using this setup by removing the LR and placing a lego base plate in there and fed by overflow. The overflow connects to the top of the acrylic box and empties onto a drip plate which will in turn "rain" onto the plate. Do you think that this is a viable setup? I would rather not cut the acrylic box but I thinking I might have to in order to get good lighting on the screen.Other than that obstacle, what would yours thoughts be? Thank you in advance.

Administrator

Re: Question For On New Scrubber

Yes that is a standard setup. You could try shining the lights through the plastic top, but better would be you remove the whole top and just connect the overflow directly to the scrubber pipe:

Re: Question For On New Scrubber

Thanks for the quick response. Ok, so I went and notched out a few curves for the pvc to sit snuggly on top of the acrylic so that I may do away with the top and drip tray. May not be the most beautiful job, but it works. Now if I could figure out a way of getting the melted acrylic off my dremel cutting bit. :?:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information