+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big problem Need Help

Re: Big problem Need Help

I have kind of changed my mind on this also. I am thinking about changing from one normal size to two smaller screens rated at 2/3 of capacity each. This way I can use the same pumps I already have but I will have independantly operated screens. Have definately gone back to the drawing board on what to do now. (a skimmer is still not on the list of directions to go. . . lol) :twisted: sorry had to do it. . . . .
    Mike
    75RR / 20g sump / DIY Scrubber / 3 x 150DE MH & single T5 actinic

Quote Originally Posted by mrbncal
    I have kind of changed my mind on this also. I am thinking about changing from one normal size to two smaller screens rated at 2/3 of capacity each. This way I can use the same pumps I already have but I will have independantly operated screens. Have definately gone back to the drawing board on what to do now. (a skimmer is still not on the list of directions to go. . . lol) :twisted: sorry had to do it. . . . .
    Mike
    Did you post this in the right thread? Cause I not sure what your talking about.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

Update

So I did another water change about 15g in my 55g tank. Been cleaning the brown slime off the screen every 3 days and things are looking a little better. There is less brown slime growing on the rocks and sand and more growing on the screen. After 3 days the screen is heavy with the slime. I am thinking that this is going to work but will take a couple of weeks. I am OK with that as long as things are improving.
    There is a direct relation connecting the decline of pirates and the increase of global warming

UPDATE: Brown slime better but still there. Have been cleaning the screen every three days so light can get to the greener algae. I did a cleaning today and YES lots of bright green growth!!! About half of one screen was green and not the yellow crap I have been dealing with. And about a third of the other screen was bright green as well. The screen on the end where the drain is was much thicker than the one where the water enters. Sorry no pics cause camera died. Will post new pics after 7 days. If the brown slime doesn't come back.

I am also 2 days into a blackout to try and kill off the remaining brown slime which I think are Dinos and diatoms.

Tested water for silicates again after several large water changes and the reading was 0. Also tested my top off water 0 as well.

Water params are 0 0 0 0 alk 7dkh mag 1250 ca 380 ph 8.4 This is much lower than my last post. I do dose randy's 2 part recipe #2 including Mag all from Bulk reef supply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information