+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ats concern

Ats concern

I have a concern with my set up. It seemed to be working rather well to a point. The gha started to disappear along with the bryopsis. I just recently stated to feed heavy, but before that the gha and bryopsis disappeard only to a certain point. Now its short and doesnt look like it will go anywhere. My green has slight dark green growth on the outer edges but in the inner area to the center growth is brown to yellow in the center and barely any growth. My lights are 43 watt spiral bulbs about 4-5 inches from the screen, maxijet 1200 feeding from one side and drain feeding from the other side. its been set up for a little over 2 months now and I barely have any growth. But I see pepole that dont evem have theis up a week and have good growth. I have a lot of particle matter in the water column from all the feeding I have been doing and in getting worried. What am I doing wrong, pleeeeease help me.

Administrator

Re: Ats concern

Turn the light off for 6 hours.

Ive been doing that when I get off work I cut the lights off from 7am to 1pm.

Administrator

Because of the tilt of your reflectors, your light is too concentrated in one spot and is burning the top of the screen, while under-powering the bottom. How wide is the screen? Here are the fixes, best first:

Two 23w bulbs on each side instead of one 43w. Increase flow.

Re-position the 43w square to the screen, about 6" away. Bigger reflector. Increase flow.

More flow. Add iron. Reduce ON hours by 2.

Is is growing in the sump? If so clean it too, for now.

Ill try the fixes. I suspect flow my be a big part of it and lights are too close. only thing growing in the sump is dinos. I will try the fixes and reply back with results.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information