+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Already use ATS before, some questions

Already use ATS before, some questions

[attachment=0:3r37vdxd]1010040901e5ce79f7d991fa56.jpg[/attachment:3r37vdxd]
    [img]1010040901e5ce79f7d991fa56.jpg[/img]
    I'm using AquaBee3000 Pump with 24W PL x 2, 18 hours per day?
    Size of the area are around 45cm x 45cm?

Attachment is the result. Not bad. But it never have the similar algae like the 'Good Example' as
    http://www.algaescrubber.net/forums/...c.php?f=3&t=26

My set up:

Question 1: I have run it around several months, but the algae are same. Yes it did help to remove the algae in my main tank. But I can not find any Mysis (small shrimp) behind the algae. Do this kind of algae are the expected one? If no, what can be improved to make it well?

Question 2: The pipe is 20mm now. But I found that the pipe size is always bigger that other people did it. Do any secret behind it? What's the advantage to take the bigger pipe with small pump?

Question 3: As you see my design, I make a broken line in the pipe to let the water out. But sometimes the water will split anywhere. I check most of the post here, but can not find the tips to make the broken line, for example, how to avoid the water split to both side instead of follow the scrubber?

Question 4: It's really not easy to take it out the scrubber, very boring. Any good design can make it plug and play? Not the commerical one?

Now I'm planning to redesign it. To change the lamp as the 'GOOD Example', change the design to remove the box, change the ump size to make it lower flow.

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Already use ATS before, some questions

First, your algae is not getting enough flow and iron. Increase flow, add iron, or reduce the number of hours that the light is on.

But I can not find any Mysis (small shrimp) behind the algae. Do this kind of algae are the expected one? If no, what can be improved to make it well?
    No, it does not grow mysis. It grows baby copepods, that are small like dust. If you want larger pods, make sure you do not have any mechanical filter or skimmer, and then put rock rubble or thick gravel on the bottom of the sump.

The pipe is 20mm now. But I found that the pipe size is always bigger that other people did it. Do any secret behind it? What's the advantage to take the bigger pipe with small pump?
    Pipe size does not matter.

It's really not easy to take it out the scrubber, very boring. Any good design can make it plug and play? Not the commerical one?
    Look here for ideas:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26

I make a broken line in the pipe to let the water out. But sometimes the water will split anywhere. I check most of the post here, but can not find the tips to make the broken line, for example, how to avoid the water split to both side instead of follow the scrubber?
    You should not have to make any special way for the water to get out. Just the slot is fine. But to keep it from spraying, you can make a shield:

Thanks.

Can I use this additive to add iron?
    http://www.kentmarine.com/products/k...-manganese.htm

How do i know is the iron enough or not? checking the par? or use eye to monitor the algae?
    Also, do the iron will affect the coral?

You suggestion is very good, now i know how to avoid the water spread. Great!!!

I think the flow is enough, because already 3000L per hours.

I never try reduce the light, i will test it in my second version.

Administrator

Yes that iron is fine. Follow the instructions. When the algae is no longer yellow, it is enough.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information