+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some feedback.

Re: Need some feedback.

i see what you're saying, but if that is true then ther is no benefits of running this kind of a system
    and i'm basically wasting about 3000 l/h.
    i'm not fully convinced it's so linearly dependant, how would be the best way to measure it?
    luminens in 2" distance, tvo bulbs with normal reflectors v.s two whith mine?

i'm not trying to be a pest about this just to cut down the running cost.
    thanks for the advise and quick reply's.

Banned

No, you're not wasting any energy, you're just re-directing it. T5HO are much more efficient than CFL watt-for-watt because of the linear design - CFLs lose much inbetween the spirals. But still, you can't squeeze any more photons out of a lamp, you can only re-direct it with a highly efficient reflector. I use the TEK-II on mine (they're awesome)

But, if you're comparing your design to a design with 2 lamps w/reflectors on each side, they are essentially equal as far as scrubbing power goes, but the latter has 1/4 the screen area and 1/2 the required flow.

Well tests finally over!!! Then i can finally continue with this project , i will be building it soon and installing it in a freshwater system that i have acces to.
    The only changes i have made to the drawings is to make the mirrors diamond shapes.
    I'm going to test the light output with the original design and then again with mine, then we have at least some readings about this design.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information