+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green tint to my DT water

Green tint to my DT water

So, I've been running my scrubber for a little over 2 months now and it's been doing a great job at ridding my tank of a hair algae outbreak I had. There's still some HA in my tank but, it's been receding SLOWLY. What I am having a problem with is when you look down the side of my tank (48" long) it has a horrible green cloudiness to the water. Is there any thing I can do to get it to go away?

In case you need to know, my scrubber is 8.5"x 11" with a maxi-jet 1200 feeding to it.

Administrator

Re: Green tint to my DT water

The only green you should ever be able to see, if you are very lucky, is live phytoplankton just like in a real reef. It would be hard to see though, just like a real reef (because they are quickly eaten by microbes and copepods), but if you put a pure white object in the water on one end, you might be able to see it from the other end. This would mean your tank is running like a real reef, and is supply the most live food that it can for it's size.

You probably just have a bloom, however. So post some pics.

Well, it's been this way for about a month now, shouldn't it have ended by now?

Here's my FTS:

Shot from the side showing the cloudiness:

Administrator

You still have plenty of nutrients in the water; get rid of the nuisance algae before you decide if you need to do anything.

You can always use GAC to clear the water.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information