+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ats vs. lobophora

Re: ats vs. lobophora

my screen has 950 gph going over it,I dont think a 1 month old mag 9.5 needs a vineger soak,trust me, my flow over the screen is strong from one end to the other, with water pooling 1" on the bottom of my scrubber box (i should say flowing strongly) to my 1" bulkhead, I hope this photo shows this. AGAIN the lights are as you recomended on your post...2700k 24watt each with 2 units one on each side, 96 watt total( REAL WATTAGE), they are maybe 50 days old,I feed 1 to 2 frozen cubes of rods food. I can only assume youve never dealt with this kind of algae before,youve never spoke of it. IMO this type of filtering isnt going to work for everyone,it certainly is not working for me,and ive tried everything youve suggested to everyone, it will make baby copeods, and thats why I havnt givin up, my mandarins love them, maybe someday Ill get GHA, but obviously Im doing something wrong,just dont know what,could be I need to buy the SM100

Administrator

Re: ats vs. lobophora

Are you sure the bulbs are on 18 hours, instead of on for 6 hours? This has tripped up a lot of people. Turn the timer by hand and check it.

Have you measured phosphate? Is there any other filter besides the skimmer and GAC?

When you clean do you take out the screen and clean the slot too? It looks like the slot is clogging very early and blocking flow.
    Since yours is fed by the overflow, do you know if things are flowing down and getting stuck in the slot? Lay a light-shield over the pipe:

Also, the growth is not too black, so let it go 7 days. The main goal right now is to at least get the whole screen growing, instead of just half. When you clean next, remove the pipe and look close at the areas with no growth; see why it is not flowing. Either something is getting stuck on the inside, or growth is clogging from the outside.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information