+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATS for 90G Reef Tank

ATS for 90G Reef Tank

My very first post! I ran into SM's post on Marinedepot.com by accident. I was looking for a new light fixture for my display tank. Ran into his post and was convinced that ATS is what I wanted to use as my main filter for my tank.

Long story short, I built one. Tank is completely free of algae and no more algae bloom. Cyano is gone and for the first time, I don't have to deal with annoying algae boom towns lol.

I am still fighting Nitrate. Currently nitrate is at 30-40 ppm. Here's my setup. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Re: ATS for 90G Reef Tank

First pic. I have to play around with the file size to get it to post!
    Attached Images Attached Images

More...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I use 4X 23W CFL. The screen size is 15X11. I don't know the exact flow rate, but it's very high.

As you can see, I don't have any problem at all in the display tank with algae. I just need to get nitrate down to 5ppm or less. Some of my SPS's are doing great and some aren't.

i'm still in the experimental phrase and will slowly add SPS's once my nitrate is under control.

Administrator

Nice build

Plenty light. Nutrients are high, thus dark growth except nearest the light.

Nitrate should be low in another four weeks.

I was using the 6500 flood light. I was working OK. Just recently changed to 2700K CFL Q-spiral bulbs. We'll see how it goes. I'm really hoping that nitrate will be down to 0 soon.

Water is super clear and I don't use active carbon or any other filtration methods. I feed once a day. Fish are very happy and fat!

I really wanted to start experimenting/learning how to feed my corals. That's something I'm still in the dark. I see so many mixed feedbacks on this subject that I really don't know what to do.

Thinking about picking up the SM100 and start using T5HO in the near future. Great thing about this is that I can use it for my future setup once I'm ready to upgrade to a 200G setup.

Love you SM. You're awesome in starting this. I'll keep you all posted.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information