+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott26's Scrubber

Scott26's Scrubber

I have been running a scrubber on my tank for about 1 month now and finally got the second light online to illuminate the other side of my screen. I will be posting some pictures of my design soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Re: Scott26's Scrubber

Draft 1:

Draft 2:

With the unions I am able to turn the pump off and disconnect and bring it over to the sink to clean.

This is at the 2nd cleaning.

Then I finally got some time to finalize my design and now how it running this way.

I used PVC to make brackets that hang from the underside of my tank and the lights attach to.

I also switched out the bulbs and went with some 8" reflectors with 2700k rated bulbs.

I have been running it this way now for almost a week and need to do a cleaning. But from what I am seeing so far I can sort of tell that my algae is more brown then green and seems to be yellower in the middle where the light is mainly concentrated. Should I move the lights back some? Increase the flow? Clean more often?

Thanks,
    Scott

Nice design. As a precaution, I would suggest connecting your light brackets with a plastic coated wire, velcro, plastic tie etc. as a safety net in the event your clamps loosen or if you accidentilly bump into a light. This will cause the light to be caught by your pipe preventing it from falling into your sump.

Administrator

Nice build.

Banned

Welcome to the scrubber site! I remember your build from the RC thread, it's looking good. Did you decide to paint the PVC pipe after all?

+1 on the safety ties. Safety first. Those One-Wrap velcro ties would work good for that, or zip ties are fine too since you probably won't need to take the fixture off the pipe.

Well the scrubber is still going strong. However I have had a good algae bloom after putting in some extra base rock. The screen still has mainly brown algae with it becoming greener in the middle to where the light is more concentrated. I have a good amount of gha in the dt and it has been this way for about 3 weeks. I am going to do a water change today and try to suck out the large amounts of algae. Should I do anything to my scrubber as well?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Administrator

Just clean as normal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information