+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: jnad nano scrubber

Re: jnad nano scrubber

Hello!

Here is 4 days of growth, one with flash and one without as usual.
    The picture I posted from the previous cleaning was from 7 days of growth, seems almost the algae had more green color ettter 7 days growth than those with four days growth? Why?:

When it comes Steni material I have used as a screen the algae sits very firmly in the screen. I have to work very hard with this brush to get rid of the algae, and after a good scrape there is always a good amount of algae left in the rough surface. I think this matrialet is very well suited to screen for those who will have a one-sided scrubber.

jnad

Administrator

More days growth brings the nutrients down, which allows green to grow, which then filters even more because of the light green hairy structure.

Hello!

Here is another 4 days of growth.

Have done a couple of water changes to help out the scrubber.

Today i cleaned the screen and drilled bigger holes in the spraybar, looks that i now have a little more flow. I will now let the scrubber run for a week beafore next cleaning, if i not get any green growth in two more cleanings i will build a bigger scrubber.

Comments please

jnad

Administrator

I still say needs more light, because of the tan growth. It's not yellow (burned).

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica
    I still say needs more light, because of the tan growth. It's not yellow (burned).
    Thanks!

I dont now if it is possible to put in a bigger bulb beacause of heat in the small scrubber.

The 20W bulb is about 3 centimeters from the screen, i started the scruber with a 11W bulb and changed to a 20W, could not see any change in growth when changing to 20W. What do you think about the reflector that i use, i am using a flexible mirror. Could the problem possible be the reflector? have seen a post in this forum that wrote that mirrors is no good as reflectors?

jnad

Hello!

Looks as i have some more growth now.

A question:
    I can with a small change in the scrubber do so the screen is totally submerged in water. The screen will be located in a small chamber with the same water flow as it has today.

Is this a bad or good idea?

Should the algae on the screen be green hair algae before 3D scrubbing is possible?

jnad

Administrator

Won't work.

Yes.

Hello!

Another pictures of 1 week of growth. The real color is more yellow that on the pictures.

I think maybe it is the flow that is the reason i not have any green hair algae. I have today drilled the holes in the spraybar even bigger, i wait for another week.

I have another platic box like this one, would it help me to get green hair algae faster if i made one more scrubber like the one i have running now? That would make the screen twise as big.

jnad

Administrator

Nope. Bigger does not do make it green. Iron makes it green. And the best way to deliver more iron is with more more flow. If you can't increase flow, then add iron.

Thanks!

I am going to fit a bigger pump this week, have a NewJet 1200l/h, will try this one on my scrubber. Have also to do a rebuild of the outlets, dont tink they can handle the flow from the NewJet pump.

jnad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information