+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: jnad nano scrubber

Re: jnad nano scrubber

Quote Originally Posted by maglofster
    I'm guessing (by the beer can) that you are from Norway. If that's correct I'm guessing that steni plate is made for covering base/plinths of houses (http://www.steni.no). If so, I'm pretty sure it's made up of crushed gravel. Make sure you watch your tank closely because gravel can realease unwanted substances when placed in saltwater.

If it works, it's a nice and cheap material though!

Nice build.
    Tanks!

Yes you have right, the plate is from Steni.no.
    I have talked to the tecknical department of Steni and they say that the plate that i use "Steni Terra" has no chemicals in structure. But the other Steni products that are for use indoors have some sort of fire protection inside, i think they said it releases some sort of Aluminium gas in case of fire.

The Steni Terra should be compleatly harmless and natural, i hope.

jnad

Quote Originally Posted by Vannpytt
    Nice going Jnad. I saw your post on the local forum. Amazing that soo many people havn't noticed my build. Hope this one works better than your previous one.

Keep the battle going!
    Thanks Vannpytt!

The scrubber is running great, but i can see that there is room for improvements to the design. I considering to build a new one, it is just the first one

Yes it is amazing that so feew peaople have noticed your build. You are running a big aquarium with your scrubber, and i think its terrific.

We must just wait and see, i think there will bee more people using scrubbers in the future.

jnad

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo
    Interesting build. It looks like you added a second 'high' drain, is that in case the lover one clogs? 'cause if it does, your bulb will likely pop/crack due to temperature difference when it comes in contact with the water. So this design has a safety hazard IMO. I would move the lamp outside of the box. Maybe switch the gravel screen to the center and put the light where the gravel screen it. Less compact but much safer.
    Hello!

Yes i can see what you mean and i do consider to build a new one with light outside.

To begin with i intended to build an compleatly water seald scrubber with light outside, the high drain was therfore drilled very high as i was hoping to get some 3D filtering. On the way in the build i changed my mind beacuse the scrubber with light outside the box was to big to be placed on top of my aquarium.

You are compleatly right about the safety hazard, i will consider to make a change in the design or i have to relay on the 25mm not clog up. I wil use some days to decide.

jnad

My system is running perfectly now, with SPS growing like weed, untill I had to dip. You should come see the prototype me and slektning made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vannpytt
    My system is running perfectly now, with SPS growing like weed, untill I had to dip. You should come see the prototype me and slektning made.
    I am very interested to look at your prototype scrubber.

I am planing to start a new reef aquarium after the summer, and then i will need a new scrubber. I am then very interested to look at your scrubber, maybe i dont have to turn my brain around for making my own design . I will send you a message to make an appointment to visit you.

jnad

Hello!

The scrubber have now been running for tree light periods, when can i expect to see something growing on the screen?

Even there is no visible algae on the screen i am pretty sure that the little amount of algae i has on the back and side glasses are backing of now. Dont know if it is the scrubbers work?

Tecknically the scrubber is running ok except from the outlet sucking in some air with the flow into the display, the water that flowing into the outlet pipe inside scrubber sucking in air (from inside scrubber) just like a venturi, not a big problem but i am trying to solve it. Any sugesstions?

jnad

hey jnad, your complain are about the noise?
    if yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjE2Nt6F8p8

Quote Originally Posted by itzrulez
    hey jnad, your complain are about the noise?
    if yes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjE2Nt6F8p8
    Hello!

No it is not the noise, but thanks for the video anyway, it is good to know.

I had a problem with air bubbles that was sucked into the outlet by the water on the way out, but i have fixed that problem now.

Thanks

Jnad

ok!sry about the missunderstood!
    hey man, update some pictures of your working scrubber!

Hello!

Yes i will post some pictures in a couple of days, i am just going to change to a new reflector first.

Some updates:

The scrubber is running ok tecnically, not mutch algae on the screen but i think its on the way to beacome brown i color.

When i started the scrubber i did not have any algae problems in the display, just some algae on the back and side glasses. These algae is now compleatly gone, i dont now if this is the scrubber that start working or not??

My Xenia is also starting to look tired?

Jnad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information