+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SM 100 on my 350 Reef

SM 100 on my 350 Reef

I just received my SM 100 yesterday. I was very impressed with the quality of manufacture and innovative design. I intend to set it up tonight. I have been in the pursuit of "reef perfection" for some time, making slow but steady progress to my ideal. I am excited about observing the effects that the SM 100 has on my system. I will report back with results. I am sure I will have a questions as well.

Re: SM 100 on my 350 Reef

The SM 100 has been up and running for 2 weeks now. The second weeks accumulation of algae has been more than the first. Most of the algae is in the "pool" of water. My nitrates ands phosophates are .8 and .02. The hair algae in the reef is still doing quite well. I think I will increase flow with a new pump in the up coming weeks. May go with a few days of lights out in the display to try to turn the tide on the HA. BTW, i also have a large BK skimmer with ozone. A reactor with GFO and a reactor with GAC.

Administrator

Re: SM 100 on my 350 Reef

You want a max of 1" of water at the bottom, if you are using the included drain.

Lights out will not help... that just puts more nutrients into the water, which cause darker scrubber growth. You want as little nutrients as possible in the water, so as to grow the greenest and most open growth... which filters the most.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information