+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water flow

Water flow

What would be the problem if I can't get the water to flow even on both sides of the screen?

Banned

Re: Water flow

Probably not enough flow, an uneven (crooked) slot in the tube, a slot that it too thin, or too wide. Next time you clean, take a few pictures of the screen in the slot and the slot without the screen in it if you can, that would help.

If it's a new screen, once the algae build up a little bit it will grow faster in the high-flow area, and the water should then get pushed toward the lower flow areas and it should start to balance out.

How do you hold your screen in the slot, with zip ties or rings, etc?

Water flow

With zip ties.

Banned

How far does your screen go into the slot tube?

Water flow

1/8 of an inch

Banned

So the screen material doesn't actually extended into the inner core of the pipe then? The pipe wall for 3/4 or 1" pipe is about 1/8".

I know that the SM100 screen goes all the way into the tube so that it touches the other side, then it's held by 1 zip tie in the middle of the screen. I prefer to have it extend about 1/2" in and hold with 2 zip ties. The idea being that anything that could obstruct the pipe would not get 'caught' on the screen sticking up too far into the tube. I don't know if the 1/8" extension has anything to do with the uneven flow. I would think that a narrow or crooked slot, or low flow would be the first thing I would look at.

Water flow

I will definitely try some of those ideas thank a lot. I'll let you know how it works.

Water flow

Thanks a lot!!! I had about 5 zip ties on it and I just readjusted it and put just 2 and move the screen up in the tube farther and its flowing great on both sides.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information