+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bingocallers White RSM 250 with ATS

Bingocallers White RSM 250 with ATS

A short video of my scrubber - I need some reflectors - i know - but will test it without first in order to determine if I need them. This is the 2 day of running

Please comment on flow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZuQkblVFo

Re: Bingocallers White RSM 250 with ATS

And tank is 4 days old

Banned

Flow seems fine to me, maybe just a tad on the low side going by the bubbles at the bottom of the screen. I would add a second light to each side (although looks hard to do on your setup) and add reflectors (which you already mentioned). Just my opinion, if SM has one that differs I would go with his.

Administrator

Yep reflectors first, more flow later.

But SM If I would try using it without reflectors - should I then increase the flow now? And by how much ? I think that the water is moving fairly quickly over the screen but should it be double that or what?

Thanks

Banned

Don't do it without reflectors. CFLs pointed directly at the screen will do little. There is one thread on here that shows this very well. It was a black acrylic box with 8 CFLs pointed directly at the screen and he had a very difficult time getting growth. The majority of the light comes out of the sides and unless you reflect it, you're wasting it. The light from the tip of the lamp is intense and focused and tends to burn if you get it too close to the screen, which is what most people end up doing when doing it without reflectors because they don't get enough growth - so they move the lamp closer.

So #1 you definitely need reflectors.

I watched your video, what is the green open tube on the left? Is that a valved bypass, or what?

Ok - do you have any links to relfektors on ebay that might fit?

The green tube is for starting/restarting the stystem. I shut of the ATS and then just suck = then there is water in the system- and I can turn on the ATS

Banned

Weird. I'm not following. Why would you need to suck start your filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo
    Weird. I'm not following. Why would you need to suck start your filter?
    I need to suck start the filter because the piping in the back loops - so the waterlevel is lower and therefor I need to suck the water over

Banned

So you basically have a trap in your plumbing? That's not a very good design, for several reasons. Did you plan it that way? What happens if you have a power outage when you're gone, and your trap stops then power comes back on and your tank fills up without any way to drain to your sump? Flood??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information