+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7G setup

7G setup

hi,
    Currently running an improvised version of a scrubber using my redsea prizm skimmer water-flow and return "slide"
    as a scrubber.
    I have there a plastic mesh used for moss growing in FW tanks as the base, roughed it a bit with some sand paper.
    The aquarium lights are very close to it so as u can see it gets good algae growth.
    it`s not a perfect design but a start
    I'm now in the process of upgrading the tank a bit (to 10G) and i wanted to get your ideas on how to improve this kind of setup - using the return "slide" of a HOB filter/skimmer as the base for a 1 sided scrubber.

Any ideas? Tips?
    btw, ever since i started the scrubber, skimmer stopped working so after a month i stopped the skimming and only use it for circulation for the scrubber. didn't solve the algae prob 100%, but it`s much better than before.

Re: 7G setup

Hello!

I have not very long excperiense with scrubbers, but i have also tried a hob filter outlet as a scrubber screen.

I have now bulidt a nano scrubber and think you will be mutch better of building a small on top of tank scrubber.

Maybe something in this route:
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1301

It is possible to build a very small on top scrubber.

jnad

Administrator

Re: 7G setup

I like it. If you attach a 13 watts CFL clip-on bulb, and put the bulb 2 inches from the screen, it will be great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information