+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pics of pico (sub nano) scrubber

Pics of pico (sub nano) scrubber

I posted a link to my build. But I figured I'd post the pictures of the scrubber here just for this site. The screen effective area is roughly 4"x4". Currently going to try out 7 1w warm white LED aprox 1" from the screen. This distance is just a hair back from where you can see the spotlighting of the LEDs. The tank is 1.6g and the pump, screen, and heater are all contained in an area 2x10x6. Tank dimensions are 10x6x6. 200gph aqueon pump off of a quiet flow 30 HOB.

I had another post about the whole tank here. I'll focus on just the performance of the pico sized LED scrubber since it might be of interest here, as the rest of the tank build is being posted on nanoreef because I don't want to muddle up this post with all the other tank details.

Once I manage to get things situated I will post pictures here of the growth progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Pics of pico(sub nano) scrubber

continue updating

Re: Pics of pico (sub nano) scrubber

Here is the screen I think I'm going to use. Baked fine aragonite sand into a standard nylon craft screen. I think it will work great..and It was a lot less work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Pics of pico (sub nano) scrubber

I read on your nano reef post that your temps were 86. That's fine, that's what I keep mine at, and it's natural...
    http://www.ronshimek.com/salinity_temperature.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information