+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: my new acyrilic led build

Re: my new acyrilic led build

Quote Originally Posted by Ace25
    The study was done in 2003, LEDs have come a long way since then. Also those are 1/4w 5mm LEDs they are referring to. Having used those (in blue) for moonlights I will completely agree with that scale. They do drop off in intensity rather quickly. The "high power" LED listed on the chart could have been referring to 1/2w or 1w LEDs back in 2003, which if that were the case the light panel above would actually last a long time.
    Ahh, that makes a lot more sense. I just assumed it was recent, since it was posted that day.

Got my plastic sheets today , but acrylic will be about a week or so before. Its here, so I roughened up the screen today. Using 40 grade sandpaper really rough and I have placed it in a spare space in my mud filter just now under the led light I figure it's better to let the algae start to grow on the sheet will I wait for the parts to come along

One other question is I will hav a 25 mm bulkhead as a drain feeding back into the main tank will this handle the 2000 lph the pump will fire out ?

got my pipe work together today and the plastic sheet in , i have decided to hang it over the tank just now to seed the screen , only light by the 400w 20k mh light just now , here is a video of it running there is about 1 inch at the far end of the screen at the top there is no water flow but i can live with that , pump is a 2400lph pump so should be ok ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMCsDUHEso

Banned

Looks good to me.

Still not sure about those LEDs

Thanks m8 ref the LEDs I have had it over the sump area for 2 days now and the green algae on the glass has grown about 4 mm it's the really stiff green stuff I will try and put the camera I. Macro mode and get a pic , I really hope this works not having to change lamps every 3 months will be great I have some new corals coming next week , so will need to get down to the sea 2 mins walk for me and collect some nice north sea water

got bored waiting for the acrylic to arrie so today rigged the led lamp up so it is pointing at scrubber here is pics , just went on 10 mins ago and only one side lit , so who want me to take pics ? of progress , bear in mind i only have the top half of the screen lit over tank

growth after 2 days look ok ?

looks like its working to me

yip

Administrator

Well, diatoms are going to grow on any new surface with light. Even room lighting. The real test of light is how fast it can get to green growth, in relation to how high the nutrients are. The more nutrients, the stronger the lighting needs to be, in order to grow green (although, any growth is still removing nutrients).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information