+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help quiet my scrubber down

Re: Help quiet my scrubber down

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo
    1/8" minimum, because the screen material is 1/16", which leaves 1/32" on either side. If you have more than 35 GPH/in, then you will probably need a wider slot.
    Sorry, being a bit thick here. Any ideas what that is in millimetres please? My calculations say 12.5mm, but that can't be right??

Mark

edit to add: Found it eventually, just over 3mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo
    Not to get too off topic, but I'm putting a BA overflow on a new tank, can you post a pic of yours? I'm trying to figure out how to make the siphon work with 2 outlets. I'm going to have upwards of 3000 GPH and only need about 7-800 of that for the scrubber.
    My apologies Floyd, that should have read a "Herbie" overflow...not the BeanAnimal

Quote Originally Posted by Nmcgrawj
    I'm feeding mine off the return pump. I didn't want to deal with the siphon on my overflow.
    Hmm...tough to say here. I first had an ATS on my smaller tank that was fed directly from a pump and it was loud. The only way I was able to get it to quiet down was by adding an additional upward L section of pipe to try to "reservoir" the water so that it would "fall" down the sides of the screen vs being forced out of the slot by the pump. My next design thought was to maybe have some type of reservoir box feeding the screen, but I changed over to just using the overflow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information