+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Build-diary: 240L ATS only system

@Garf: correct, I use 50w LED + 48 watt T5 ever since..
    The salt I used is from Red-Sea.

Just an up-date on the past months:

After a huge plague of aiptasia, which I overcame with the help of a Acreichthys tomentosus, the tank has had a hard time. Also because I was VERY busy privatly (finishing a master), which messed up my steady maintenance routines. No3 started to raise seriously, corraline declined, tank algae started growing and some lifestock has left . After finalazing, I kicked back by 4 to 7 days cleanings for the last 2 months and now finally things are starting to become more stable. Never had any other growth than green on the screen..
    The ATS really is fantastic, but low on maintenance (like 2 week routines) really had some bad effects in my case.
    Now I again harvast massive amounts of algae, about 1 kilo (expressed) in a week and that you can see in the display of course.
    Currently the algae in the tank are declining, but not gone yet.
    I still have some red algae growing and green bubble algae, which of course is a bad situation which might be related to the No3 readings. Help on that subject is welcome...

I have in mind to do a WC, to speed up the no3 issue..should I?
    The reading on P is <0,02 and the N03 is ~25 (down from skyhigh 100+)
    the crazy thing is that even though these no3 readings, the sponges became massive in numbers and size..
    For now I will keep up the cleaning routines on 7 days and see if time will solve the last issues. When the tank is back to stable I will expand the life-stock again...for now I enjoy my schrimps, crabs, fishies and some lethers

Thanks for reading and your help!

Banned
    Welcome back. "a masters" hey. I thought you must have been put in prison. You not done any waterchanges then ? Good to here things are getting back on track.

Thnx garf.. computer sciences.. but he that's not as interesting as the spare time investigation in biology
    For now not done any waterchanges, but maybe I will go forward doing a major one.

Have ordered myself new display lighting: 56*3watt LED in custom spec. Am very curious how that will work out. Expecting it to arrive in about 2 weeks.
    The theory is that more food in the water, because of the ATS, + more light would mean more coral growth (when the element supply can keep up).. let's hope so..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information