+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strip light for scrubber?

Strip light for scrubber?

right now, my scrubber uses 4 26w cfl's with reflectors. Working great tanks looks good and getting plenty of harvest every week. My question, could I use a small striplight on each side instead of the cfl's? I understand the watt's per inch rule and wondered if this idea would work or would i be wasting my time and money. The T5 fixtures would be nice but that is a chunk of change I do not want to spend right now.

The screen is 13'' wide by 11'' tall with 1000gph of flow and 4 26w cfl's.

Administrator

Re: Strip light for scrubber?

I think 4 bulbs is hard enough to fit that screen; I don't see where you would put any more.

Concentrate on better reflectors to get all the current light to the screen.

I meant to replace the cfl's all together with flourescent strip lighting.

I guess what I am trying to ask is does the watts per inch rule still apply if using flourescent strips as opposed to cfl's.

I only ask thinking of ways to get better coverage with less equipment and clutter. The strip lights that are this size have lamps that are maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter and are at best around 13w per lamp.

The way the scrubber is now works great. Just wanting to decluter the sump a little if possible.

Administrator

Total watts is what matters.

Thank you. just had the thought and thought it would be best to ask. Appreciate the help.

I looked into that and couldn't find any cost effective strips in the 12" range. If you find any, post it for us.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information