Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	4361  

Administrator
    Growing

Temperature ?

Banned
    Aaaaaaaaawwweessssoooooommmmmmeeeee!

Hello Stefano,

at first I wish you a happy new year! 2nd: You have a very nice tank. I tried to start a mediterranean tank in the summer of 2013 too. I've mixed in some Shrimps, Fishes, Snails & Mussels from the Baltic Sea and some Anemones from the North Sea. All starts fine, but now I have a lot of trouble with red and green slime Algaes. They overgrow my yellow crust Anemones which I captured last summer in Croatia. They are shrinking more and more. If things go bad further with the slime Algaes I think I will lose them. My Anemonia virdis and my Actinia fragacea are not amused and contract thier tentacles.

Your approach with an Algae scrubber gives me new hope to get things in the right direction, that means no slime Algaes and no problems with the Anemones. Other approaches using the help of bacterias (e.g. DSB, Vodka method etc.) aren't helpful because the metabolisim of the bacteria slows down the colder the water is. If I understand all of your posts, you use an Algae Scrubber at 16°C and it works very well?
    Did youd seed the Algaes in your tank e.g. with Liverock from the Mediterranean Sea including the Algaes you want to house in your Scrubber or did they come "by themselfes"?

Kind regards

Oliver

molto bello!

eyeinthesky,

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you still have this tank with algae scrubber and if it still works the same. Is the scrubber able to keep up long term with the heavy feeding. I want to do a nps tank myself and I know they require very heavy feeding. By the way Beautiful Tank!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information