+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question about ats bulbs

Quick question about ats bulbs

Hey guys, first of all id like to thank yall for all the invaluable information i got on this site. My only regret is not finding this site sooner.

Im building my ATS today, i bought two 23 watt 6400k cfl bulbs. My question is, is this wattage enough and is it REAL wattage because i saw it mark on the package that its equivalent to 185 watt or something.

Also. is the 6400k too much as i saw the suggested output for the ATS should be 2700 to 3000.

Thanks in advance guys

Administrator

Re: Quick question about ats bulbs

23 is the watts that you look at. The K is ok for now but get 2700 later.

An example VERTICAL waterfall screen size is 3 X 4 inches = 12 square inches of screen (7.5 X 10 cm = 75 sq cm) with a total of 12 real watts (not equivalent) of fluorescent light for 18 hours a day. If all 12 watts are on one side, it is a 1-sided screen. If 6 watts are on each side, it is a 2-sided screen, but the total is still 12 watts for 18 hours a day. This screen size and wattage should be able to handle the following amounts of daily feeding:

1 frozen cube per day (2-sided screen)
    1/2 frozen cube per day (1-sided screen)
    10 pinches of flake food per day (2-sided screen)
    5 pinches of flake food per day (1-sided screen)
    10 square inches (50 sq cm) of nori per day (2-sided screen)
    5 square inches (50 sq cm) of nori per day (1-sided screen)
    0.1 dry ounce (2.8 grams) of pellet food per day (2-sided screen)
    0.05 dry ounce (1.4 grams) of pellet food per day (1-sided screen)

High-wattage technique: Double the wattage, and cut the hours in half (to 9 per day). This will get brown screens to grow green much faster. Thus the example above would be 12 watts on each side, for a total of 24 watts, but for only 9 hours per day. If growth starts to turn YELLOW, then increase the flow, or add iron, or reduce the number of hours. And since the bulbs are operating for 9 hours instead of 18, they will last 6 months instead of 3 months.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information