+ Reply to Thread

Thread: jnad nano scrubber 3

jnad nano scrubber 3

Hello!

I have started the build of my nano scrubber 3, this scrubber will be more suited for small aquariums than the other scrubbers i have buildt. And it is very easy to build.

Here are some technical data:

1. The scrubber is vertical one sided, but can easely be buildt as a vertical 2-sided scrubber.
    2. The scrubber can be placed on top of aquarium or inside in one of the corners of the aquarium. When placed inside aquarim it can be submerged for aproximately 2-4 centimeter. It will then reach about 20-25 cm over the top of aquarium just like a skimmer, but only 2-4 cm under water surface. I hope this will look mutch better than an skimmer
    3. The screen is 7,5cm wide x 20cm tall. (effective screen area)
    4. The light is Philips PL-L 1x18W 2700K and is placed inside the scrubber. The fixture will be compleatly protected from saltwater.

I have just started the build and will post pictures day bye day as the build goes forward.

Here are the first pictures:

This is the box that i am using, it is an food storage box measuring aproximatly 9,5 cm x 9,5 cm x 30 cm:

Here is the part for building the light fixture. It is an ventilation canal 110cm x 5,5cm. This part will be cut and shaped tu fit in the box:

More uppdates later

jnad

Re: jnad nano scrubber 3

Looks like a nice container for a scrubber.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Hello!

Here is some oppdate pictures of the build.

The scrubber box with outlet, this is the point when you have ti decide if the scrubber is going to be placed inside tank or on top of tank. If the scrubber is going to be placed on top of tank the flexible plexi plate have to be glued on as an outlet flow edge:

The light fixure is not ready, but the reflector is glued in place:

The light fixture placed inside the scrubber for testing:

jnad

Hello!

Here is another oppdate of the build, the acrubber and light fixure is now ready.

The light fixure is 100% seald from saltwater, the only consern i have about this fixure is the cooling of the cfl. The fixure is only open in top, the fixure is going to be about 2mm over the scrubber top too let heat out, the top of the fixure is comleatly open.

jnad

Hello!

Here are some uppdates on the bad side.

This design did fail, the slim design outlet could not handle the water flow. The water was splaching over the outlet egde in a uncontrolled way, could not use this. So this scrubber is discontinued.

The good thing is that i soon is ready with a new design, this is a small nano scrubber with 2- sided screen. Screen size is 7,5cmx13cm, with 2x11W bulbs (type Osram 2500K)

The scrubber is ready in short, an i will post an picture when started and TESTED OK

jnad

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information