150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    The materials have all been submitted to the attorney for drafting of the PCT. All the embodiments have already been submitted as U.S. provisionals, but the PCT will focus on the 3 core constructs that will be present in any future variation. So whoever has IP ownership of these first 3 in a given country will be in a position to cross-license with most of the future variants.

Kinda like if you had patented a clear container to hold water (an aquarium)... Then all future variants of aquariums, even if someone came up with their own aquarium patent, would need to cross-license with you in order to build their version of the aquarium, since you have the base "technology".

Banned
    So as I understand this, you have come up with a basic core concept (embodiment) that will be inherent to any Scrubber-II type of build. We can then build our own version "around" this embodiment, and if one feels that they have come up with a particularly unique way of expanding on your core design, one could potentially patent that version under a cross-license method?

Administrator
    Pretty much. The basic concept is a "technology", kinda like the clear walls of an aquarium. The variations are "embodiments", kinda like nano's with built-in lighting, or zero-edge, etc. But the zero-edge would still need to license the basic aquarium in order to sell zero-edges. Then if someone wanted to build zero-edges, they'd need to license the aquarium technology and the the zero-edge technology.

Most embodiments are non-patentable, because they are only different sizes and shapes with the same function. It has to do something functionally different to be patentable (and thus licenseable).

Hi There, glad to see you boys over there are looking into a new concept. Here in the UK we are waiting for any new input and I am sure I speak for most of us in the UK and say $5.00 is a very small price to pay for plans to make the very first units. Please ,please keep up the good work.

So... how much longer or am I missing something?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMonica View Post
    The link is broken, it doesn't show me anything.

Administrator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information