+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone remember Aquaricare Scubbers

Does anyone remember Aquaricare Scubbers

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone remembers Aquaricare and then line of scrubbers. I purchased a couple and still have one running on my 120 Gallon reef. I found that it was really good at growing Macro algae not some much turf becasue it would get eaten by the little critters in the box flow through scrubber. That being said I just ordered some seeded screen from Inland Aquatics and put it in there. I think the problem in the past is that I wasn't doing the weekly cleaning/fresh water rinse of the screen.

That being said I have to say the design of the box IMO was/is ahead of its time. Just so many cool safety features built into it. Simplicity and elegance make it outstanding. Too bad they are out of business. I wonder whatever happened to Mark the owner of the company, he was fun to talk to.

Jason

Re: Does anyone remember Aquaricare Scubbers

Interesting, I wasn't aware there were any commercial scrubbers available (or used to be).
    Could you post some photos?

This is what I am brushing the spider webs off of now.

Hoping I can still find the baffles

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5536398.pdf

Mine Is not much to look at now just started it again after many years but it did run quite well for my planted FW discus tank

Hope this helps

I still have mine in use on my 125 fish only tank....the fish in it are thriving and eating like pigs...too many people knocked mark's product back in the 90's but he was way ahead of the reef crowd at the time..wonder if he could be contacted to make a few -special order... his design really was the best.....

Any quick pictures ???

You can forget about Mark reinke...I recentlly looked him up in colorado,found his phone number,and left a detailed message about his old scrubber company....never got back to me..aquaricare is probably dead for good...I would have liked to ask what he would want to sell the rights to manufacture his old design..

Anyone have a picture?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information