+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Algae Scrubber on a Temperate/Coldwater system?

Hybrid View

Algae Scrubber on a Temperate/Coldwater system?

So I'm always looking for ways to improve on my current system, and an algae scrubber may be the next thing I need to do.

I run a 200 gallon display tank, a 20 gallon small tank with a juvenile octupus, and a 110 gallon lobster tank as a sump.

The majority of the tanks inhabitants are all non photosyntheic filter feeders.

I have an autofeeder on the system, but to date I have not been running it all the time. With the high bioload and slow bacterial breakdown associated with NPS coldwater tanks I am debating on adding an algae scrubber to the system.

I have the room to do it since the octopus tank is just a flow through tank sitting on top of the 200 gallon, I could covert the drain line into a slot pipe and have it dump down into the 110 gallon. It is even situated in front of a window that gets sun light, and I already have track lighting installed above everthing.

I was actually planning on trying tidal macro algaes in the 110 and lighting it from above, but I may just go the scrubber route now and utilize the saved space for holding livestock.

Here's some pictures of the area I am working with:

Administrator
    Very nice to hear. Will be looking for the nps and scrubber update

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information