+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to get even flow?

Banned

Re: how to get even flow?

a 1/8" slot, or 3.175 mm is what is generally recommended if you are using the #7 Mesh Plastic Canvas, which is about 1mm thick and leaves 1mm of slot on either side.

I think your problem however is the uneven cut of the slot. It is key to even flow is to ensure that the slot is straight and even width. If it's not straight, the screen can get flow blocked to areas. If it's not even width, then the flow will vary across the screen. Also key is cutting the slot such that the screen can hang perfectly vertical, which means the cutter must me at a perpendicular to the tube while cutting if this makes sense. The screen needs to basically hang freely, only held in place by the zip-ties.

You can make the slot a little wider, I think mine is probably close to 4 or 4.5mm and I currently run less than ideal flow across it, 22" slot with a Mag 5, and the flow doesn't start out completely even after cleaning, but one day later it's perfectly even.

Bottom line here is that you need to cut another slot tube. Take your time and do it right, mark the slot and cut it straight. Start with 3 or 3.25mm, hook it up, check the flow, widen in small increments as necessary.

alrighty!
    I apreciate all of your help all of you! Tomorrow I will buy some more pvc and a dremel cutter disc, then I will be able to cut the slot more accurate! update vill come soon!!!

Now I have cut a new slot witha dremel cutter, this was a success!!!

My old ATS was build with a different canvas which was thicker... that were the reason why I didnt think it was the sot that was the problem! Good advice Floyd!!!

I salute all of you guys that helped me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information