+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: I'm new! Nano scrubber for 5g

My 5 gallon nano setup isnt as cool as yours, its very simple and cheap, but for those that have a real reef tank at home and want to have a little desk/table piece or kids activity, this is a fun little cheap project, it grows xenia frags, bubble coral, coraline algae and my gorgonia frags very nicely, it would probably be fine for most softies, and it maintains 0 nitrates and phosphates (although I have never fed it tons).

Sadly I havent had a chance to clean it up in a couple months, all I have done lately is top it off. Its not strictly a screen algae scrubber, it also has refugium area with cheato too.

This is what the refugium/area screen looks like without the cover:

Modified return area is now for holding the screen (cheato in the tank is the extra I just took out of the fuge, its about to get tossed):

Here is the modified light area, I opened up the back, and tweaked the reflector some, so the light goes out onto the screen and the "refugium" area:

Here is the screen after cleaning:

~$40 - 5 gallon hex tank http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Ecl.../dp/B000260GEC

$15-18 Hydor Pico Evolution (I got the 70GPH but I the 160GPH version would probably work better) http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Evolutio.../dp/B003SNE926

$5 26 watt 5300k CFL walmart bulb

~$3 hot melt glue and a bit of screen material.

So this was around $70 bucks. (Outside the frags/bit of sand and rock from your main reef tank)

Looks like it working nicely for you. I turned on of those into a horizontal scrubber for a while. Then it was my LED Guinna pig but, its retired now.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    If you don't mind, take a look at this thread I started and post your info

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...nes-and-Builds

Its been a while since I post but job and baby took all my time. I just pull the trigger on led from modularled.ca. Four royal blue and two neutral white drive at 700ma, hope it will be enough but should be easy to add more later.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information