+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I'm new! Nano scrubber for 5g

Re: I'm new! Nano scrubber for 5g

a side view of my tank behind the false wall. I could start the tank at the water level 1 to permit a thick grow of algae and if my bioload raise I could lower at water level 2, to get a bigger screen!?!?! Those it make any sense?

Administrator

The smaller screen is fine. Overflow is fine without slots.

Thanks, I've cut my plexiglass today and buy Krylon fusion paint. I've order my pump too, a hydor pico evolution 800, 200 gph at 16 inch, it gonna give me around 20x turnover, I have a koralia nano somewhere if I need more flow.

I've receive my pump today but still no led! I hope I will receive them before christmas so I could put everything together! To lit the main tank I think I'm gonna go with this kit http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-221 ... fit/Detail , dunno if its to powerfull for my tank!!!

I've receive the pump, it give me a idea at which distance I can put the false wall. I find a place to buy the canvas, but it was backorder, seem that christmas is the big time of the year to sell canvas but it should arrive next week. I will start to put everything together and I will take pic of the whole process.

I have a question for my overflow, I don't want the water to come all over the false wall so I cut a part of it the same width as my canvas (4 inch) but the difference between the two height of the false wall is 1/8 of a inch (.3 cm). Is it enough for a 200ghp pump or I should lower it. I've try to google it but can't find information. Maybe my draw could help understanding my poor english!

No response but i decide to cut it 1/16 of inch lower. I've paint black, I would i've prefer to take pic before to show you but can't find my camera. Thats what happen want you let your 17 month old son play with it! I'm pretty happy with the result, Krylon fusion paint rock!

Administrator

Not sure how 1/8 or 1/16 inch height can make much difference.

I prefer to lower it a bit before painting it (i'm now at 3/16 inch), I've read that you need to let cure Krylon fusion paint for 7 days before putting it in water and I want to work on my tank for the holiday. Santa, do you think water will come all over the false wall or the notch would handle the flow with a 200 gph pump (4inch by 3/16). If nobody could answer, I would give you the answer in a couple of week

Administrator

I really don't know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information