+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help. scrubber 2.0

help. scrubber 2.0

hi all. welli ditched the plastic plate with holes anf found some plastic canvas.

has been set up 10days now, has had its 1st clean, but its only brown atm so i cleand as much of it as i could but it was almost like it was baked on there. i come in this morning and can see alot of pods eatn areas that werent there yesaterday and im at a loss on what to do now.

have got the lighting on from 10pm - 4 pm 18 hrs on 6 hrs off (made it go off while im watchn tv lol)

any one got any ideas what im doing wrong??

Re: help. scrubber 2.0

About the pods, you can take the screen and run it under fresh water and the pods will come off, do it every few days to keep the population down. It's best to take the screen out of the scrubber and do it over the sink so the dead pods don't wash into the tank water.
    That should give the algae some space to grow.

have taken it off yesterday to wash under fresh water.

how often should i be putting it under fresh water??

I personally just clean the screen once a week and rince it off after cleaning it, but if you have loads of pods eating it, do it as often as you need to keep the population down (I would have thought every 3 days would probably do it)

thanks for that ill do it every 3 days now... who would of throught u ould get to many pods in ya tank lol.

would it be possable to harvest them ??

How is your scrubber going Gannet ?
    Hi all I am a member of NZMAS and have had my tank running since March 08 and a scrubber on it since 13th of February 09

i ended up taking it off my tank as i moved house and fitted a temp sump so i can redo my glass sump with baffels that rnt broken, but one i get my sump going again ill reconmision it, also need a new pump as the one i was using is now my return as the retun pump is no longer with us (its at the dump lol over heated and died) but i still feel that this is an awesome way to remove nutrients from ya tank.

also getting a new skimmer (will run both scrubber and skimmer) the skimmer was such a good deal i just couldnt let it pass

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information