+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Flow / 3W LED High Light system

Banned

High Flow / 3W LED High Light system

Has anyone ever tried increasing the flow on their screen to an extremely high level, and then hitting it with a ton of light?

I was thinking that, let's say, if you widened the slot and upped the flow to a very high level, say 70-100 GPH/in, then concentrated a very high amount of light into this space, with a tight array of 3W LEDs for instance, if you could overcome the spotting/burning problems and have no need for a diffusion plate.

This idea is kind of branching off of the new lighting method (of double the light / half the photoperiod) and taking it to an extreme of sorts. Also going off the the new feeding based screen sizing guidelines, and thinking that if you can make the screen smaller with higher light due to both of these, why not take that to the extreme and double the flow and re-double the lighting?

Has anyone tried this? Thoughts on feasibility?

Re: High Flow / 3W LED High Light system

I'm pushing about 700-800 + GPH over a 9" screen.

I just got my LEDs set up and was toying with th notion of running them without a diffuser.

However, I have to keep fixing bad solder joints. Everyday I've run the fixture it hasn't run the full 18 hr before a solder point fails.

I'll run the rest of the week and check the growth. If I can get the light to work. Then I'll run it a week without the lens.

Re: High Flow / 3W LED High Light system

Hmm, interesting teory.

I might try this out in my nano scrubber when my new led light arrives. I have ordered two units of 3x3W leds to run on eatch side of this screen
    http://algaescrubber.net/forums/view...php?f=3&t=1669

jnad

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information