Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e-Shine: you get what you pay for

Lol, but no it was feng.

Banned
    The saga continues:

The saga continues:

ME:
    I have a few questions

Your website states that you can connect up to 10 fixtures in series, however the fixtures I received only have one power connection.  Do I need to specify a connection on both ends of the fixture and how much does this cost?  Or is there a special cable that allows you to connect 2 fixtures together and only use one power outlet?
    PETER:
    Thanks for your mail.

Our lights connect each other, the 50 watt can connect 12 units, 100 watt can connect 8 units, 200 watt can connect 5 units. If you need connect cables, you need to tell me when you make order. We have special cables for it, 4 USD per piece. Yes, if connect 2 units, just use one power outlet cable.
    ME:
    Can you send me a picture of the cable, or send me a link on your website?
    PETER:
    We do not have a link on the website, just a cord like the power cable, but different connector; means just change the plug to the connector with the light, you can check the cords you have, then you will know.

Attached the pictures, check it pls.
    Pictures that were attached were from the website (duh) and showed fixtures daisy-chained together with cables that had the fixture connection on both ends of the cable

ME:
    Oh my god I hate communicating with you guys through a translator it is so frustrating.

The fixtures I received have only one connector.  There is not a connector on the other end.  The pictures you sent show fixtures with a connector on BOTH ENDS.  How can I connect 2 fixtures together if each of them has only ONE CONNECTOR on ONE END!>!>!>!>!??!?!?!?!

What I originally asked you is in order to BE ABLE TO CONNECT MULTIPLE FICTURES TOGETHER, DO I NEED TO SPECIFY THAT I WISH TO DO THIS WHEN I ORDER????  I expected to get fixtures with connectors on BOTH ENDS so that I could do this if I wished to.
    PETER:
    Sorry for the bad English. Yeah, you need to tell me when you place order, cause this cable need to pay, 4 USD per piece. Also the case need to change a little.
    ME:
    Dude, seriously???

If I had known that it would have only cost $4 to have the second connector added to a fixture and get the cable that connects the 2 together, I would have.  Chalk up one more strike.  You advertise that you can connect up to 12 units together but then you send out fixtures that you CAN’T CONNECT TOGETHER???  Really!!!???
    PETER:
    That is the special lights, our standard is only cable; if you need to connect other lights, you must be let us know. Our 50 watt can connect 12 units, 100 watt can connect 8 units, 200 watt can connect 5 units.

Sorry for the last order, I did not tell you the detail about the connect cable; but this cable really need to pay, so we do not always tell customers, some hate to pay extra. So you have to tell me when you place an order, then I will add the cables for you.
    ME:
    It’s not only the cable that you do not include.  The FIXTURE  does not have a connection point on both sides!  How much does THAT cost?
    PETER:
    We will settle all the problems in the next order, if you like your lights with connect cables. You do not need pay other fee, just pay the 4 USD for the cable is ok. We use some special case for special lights, so pls let me know when you order.
    ME:
    Please answer the question.

What is the additional cost to have the second connection point added to the standard fixture?  It does not appear that the case needs to be any different.  There is a hole on the other end of the fixture that has a plastic plug in it.  To me, it looks like all that needs to be added is the connector and some internal wiring.

I wish to know because in the future I will be ordering these in sets of 2, with one fixture having only one connector (the standard fixture) and the second fixture having a connector on both ends.
    PETER:
    Only need to add 4 USD, if you like to add connect cable. The hole is for the connect cable, but do not connect the power supply when we make it, means just connect the internal wirings, then can use the cable.

Pls do not worry so much, just tell me the order details, I will help you to settle all the things.
    ME:
    Let me make sure I have this right.  $4 for the addition of the second connector on the fixture AND the cable that connects one fixture to another?
    Where's the emoticon for banging your head against a wall when you need it.

Banned
    LMFAO... I know that drill all to well, and so do many of my friends. I have been dealing with them since the late 80's. At that time is was computer shows in Pamona, CA. It is so much easier to deal in person though, it is quite amazing what a stack of cash will get you. I remember going to booths to buy computer parts, there being a huge line and people being frustrated at the language barrier, I would just whip out a few thousand in cash, wave it around, all of the sudden every employee at the booth was around me and amazingly learned to speak and understand english once cash was flashed in their face. Not quite so easy trying to deal with them over the web though, I find myself hitting the brick wall quite often and just come to the conclusion if the product appears to do what I want, I will take the risk and hope it works out. I have found it doesn't matter what questions I ask about a product, I will either get a non-intelligent response that had nothing to do with the question or I get the answer I want to hear regardless if it is the correct answer, so I just don't ask anymore.

mark!

I am lost with the "mark!" comment. What am I missing?
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    I pointed him to this thread. He's in China and was looking for these fixtures

Gotcha!
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information