+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hqi display light nano scrubber

hqi display light nano scrubber

hey every one first a big thx for to the people behind this page im from denmark an the alge talk in denmark is only about how dangerous and bad alge is for your system so i like to come here for more positive inspiration ... i have a nano tank about 50l im running 150w hqi reeflux 1200k bulb my idea was to make a scrubber over the tank and use the same light bulb the reason for this is that my tank is like a tower in denmark we call it (søjleakvarium) :-) the hight is about 65cm an there are six sides each 16cm so need for lot of light and no room for extra bulb . the scrubber going to be about 10 cm from the bulb the cooling is no problem but is there any other problems about the setup

sorry for my english tv was my teacher

jonas

Separate light gives possibility to run tank and scrubber at opposite photo periods. You can get even bigger pH fluctation your way.

dont have space for extra light do you think the 12000k are a no go... i will try to upload some pic of my tank and my proto scrubber

Administrator
    You can try, but it's an experiment.

I run my pod breeding 10G tank with a scrubber and use the display light (curly-q CFL 23 watt). I have build a ramp coming off the HOB filter that the screen lays on just under the light. No real corals in it be sides some dusters and sponges that grew out of the rock.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1524

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1525

long way to go but i always wanted a tower salt tank .. it is hard work (love it) to make everything work running 2000lph stream and 150w light is not normal in a 50 l but i have no dead zones and some light at 65cm depht .. started out with 500lph stream and 40w

Yesterday I got an idea do not know if others have tried the same thing. I would try to let my scrubber poke into my tank and do a reverse overflow where surface water is being dragged down in the display tank .. I thought about hiding the scrubber by putting a piece of black acrylic on the outside

Quote Originally Posted by jjj View Post
    Yesterday I got an idea do not know if others have tried the same thing. I would try to let my scrubber poke into my tank and do a reverse overflow where surface water is being dragged down in the display tank .. I thought about hiding the scrubber by putting a piece of black acrylic on the outside
    ´

work like shit back to box

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information