+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hqi display light nano scrubber

plastic bord i ruff up with sawblade but good point ill try to do it better i think also the scren is to big for my feeding demands you think that is what causes the olie alge surface

the tank is low on fish 2 clowns but the plan was to apply more when i think its ready for more at the moment only use flake food

Administrator
    You will need to use plastic canvas, roughed up, glued to the wall.

"oil surface" is simply low light.

I know that plastic canvas is better but since my project is a poor man project :-) I'll try to keep all expenses down and where I find myself I can only get hold of the material by ordering it online
    I could possibly drill a lot of holes in my plate and using tool to make holes rough ? holes with a few millimeter space it would take time and I would have to make a template to drill after
    but the time I have lots of

I have a couple of Ider why the plate might not get enough light
    my window fogged up at night and it takes light a few hours to demist the window
    I run only 8 hours light it is perhaps too little

My scrubber is in the light box and is only illuminated when the box is shut so I have a hard time taking pictures of my scrubber when it is illuminated that is why all my pictures so dark

could another option to the oliered surface due to high nutritional values?

I run as I said, with 150 W and positioned close to the scrubber I've made good reflektore so the plate is fully illuminated

a big thanks to santa monica can see you really spend much time answering threads every day

I'm about to read me well into the faq list so that I might in future be able to pass information

Administrator
    You have 150 watts but it is pointed away from the screen, and, the screen is only a small part of the light output. So you probably only have about 20 watts getting to the screen. This, plus a slippery surface, will only allow oily diatoms to grow.

I know there are people in Denmark who sew and knit and do crafts. Go to the local sewing, knitting, and crafts stores and get some plastic canvas ("knitting screen"), and rough it up. Doing any more to your setup right now will be a waste of time until you get the screen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information