+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calcium test kit? And help needed!

I have put all my surviving (most barely hanging on) corals in my 10G a couple days ago and have been doing every other day water changes of 3 Gallons. The corals are starting to really turn around now. I also put all my snails in the 10G as well and only lost one. It looks like I lost my yellow watchman as I have not seen him in a week.
    I am still fighting the ammonia in the 40G as its a lot of work to keep it under .25 the last few days. I gave up on the CAL in that tank since there are no corals in it. I am still seeing bristol worms dying off but not as bad. My screen on the 40G has always been a little large as future plans called for more fish but, with this disaster I cut it down to 6x6 as I feed 2-3 cubes a day. Just to let everyone know, the green has already started to really turn out, before it was patches of green in the brown algae. Well just from about 30 hours ago its all a very dark, dark green. So as noted before in other posts if you cut it down it will turn green!!!!! Provided your light and flow are correct in the first place.
    Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on good and fairly priced test kits for Iodines, MAG, Strontium, and others. I bought the iodine seachem and its a turd!!! Any pointers on good kit would be great. Thanks, Kerry

Thank you SM!!!!
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Administrator
    Nice. Hope the ammonia ends soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12