+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting Mechanical Scrubber

Interesting Mechanical Scrubber

Today I was scanning Youtube and I ran across this machanical, pvc, motorized, lift and dip back into the water scrubber. I thought it was kinda neat, but it sure does take up a lot of room.

Just thought I would share the video... Not A lot of green, but it was well thought up and made for the design....

I noticed there was no algae where the light directly shined on the screen. Might be to high of a wattage bulb burning the algae......

Banned
    That's great ( in a mad scientist type of way ). Surely be easier to turn pumps on and off on an ATS waterfall. He appears to be having the same initial growth as the UAS, with lower lighting promoting better growth initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Garf View Post
    That's great ( in a mad scientist type of way ). Surely be easier to turn pumps on and off on an ATS waterfall. He appears to be having the same initial growth as the UAS, with lower lighting promoting better growth initially.
    If he would have put the lighting shinning through the glass to the screen it probably would have come out a lush green...

Banned
    Yep. Looks like the same end point, just achieved by a different direction.

Banned
    Funny. That was one that a guy in my local club built. I was quick to point out that it was only filtering when it actually had water moving across it. He didn't consider the purpose of the laminar flow and boundary layer...

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd R Turbo View Post
    Funny. That was one that a guy in my local club built. I was quick to point out that it was only filtering when it actually had water moving across it. He didn't consider the purpose of the laminar flow and boundary layer...
    Hmmm... Floyd.. Small world isn't it....

That is a cool idea but the movement is way too slow. Yes, I would put light on the glass as well. It would probably need to make a cycle every 2 or 3 seconds

But it is still fun to see.

Administrator
    He could put some bubbles under it.

I think he needs to put an antenna on the roof during a storm for it to come alive.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information