+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help - ATS on top af aquarium

Help - ATS on top af aquarium

Hello
    I'd like to build an ATS above my 260L aquarium. Are there some who have also built an ATS on top of the aquarium?
    Have tried to look for a thread with this, but could only find pictures and instructions for building the aquarium - there are some who can help me?
    Greetings jane

Administrator

I have done it for my FW cyclid tank. It is semihorizontal. Screen made of piece of plexiglas that I roughened as much as possible. I can make photo if you like.

Banned
    Something I'm considering.

Recently bought a tank to replace my current display (which has a lot of scratches and is about 15 years old), and have been considering whether to drill it for my existing sump based scrubber or build a new one which would attach to the wall above and behind it (and could be concealed with a picture hung in front).

But I'll probably end up drilling it and keeping what I have as the easy option.

I used to have a horizontal one built into the hood above the tank and that worked very well for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by kotlec View Post
    I have done it for my FW cyclid tank. It is semihorizontal. Screen made of piece of plexiglas that I roughened as much as possible. I can make photo if you like.
    I have one on my 150G FW. How is the nitrate control? I am still getting nitrate but not near as much. I went from 2 weekly water changes to one every 2-3 weeks.
    150G. Reef/Mix
    125G. 3 Regular Oscars/1 Jack Dempsey
    75G. 20+ Africans
    40G. Fish/Reef. Algae Scrubbers on ALL my SW
    10G. SW Fish/Reef.
    10G. SW Hospital/new fish quarantine/pod breeder tank
    6 stage RO/DI system 200 GPD.

Banned
    I did it on a tank I had temporarily set up while a customer's new tank was being built.

Go to post # 149 in this thread: http://algaescrubber.net/forums/show...S-for-120-Reef to see a few pics of it. Top of tank main problem is bubbles from the water returning into the tank. I have come up with several ideas about how to resolve this issue, but haven't really implemented/tested any. I just know why the problem exists and I had a couple methods of jury-rigging a temporary setup to make it manageable.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information