+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about dissolved oxygen level Scrubbed vs non scrubbed water. Do anyone have comparison data

Question about dissolved oxygen level Scrubbed vs non scrubbed water. Do anyone have comparison data

I'm involved in another project unrelated to general fish keeping. We use air stones to oxygenate the water. In Fresh water at about 77F Things seem to cap out at about 9 for Dissolved oxygen and about 7.5 if the temps reach 82. So we are pretty much right at the "Max D.O." according to the information I get that can be done by normal methods .Always looking to improve on this important aspect. I recalled scrubbers had been claimed to "supersaturate" water with oxygen.

I wondered if algae scrubbers would boost this to high enough level to warrant the extra effort.

Does anyone have any data of any kind on this matter? Even if its not comparison. just readings from any fresh or salt water get up?

Administrator
    Google "dissolved oxygen turf scrubber"

Thanks SM. That provided at least a bit of info. Enough I think to warrent further investigation. But if anyone has any actual Dissolved oxygen readings from a fresh or salt tank thatvwould be very usefully to get a better idea of what sort of DO level you getvwith a scrubber in an aquarium setting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information